December 21st is Yankton Hockey Day! We will host seven home games that Saturday and there will be many activities so please plan to join us for lots of Hockey and even more Fun!
Just a few of the activities throughout the day include:
- Basket Raffles! We will also be selling raffle tickets for a (1) night stay at Trails Head Lodge in Lead SD for two, tickets can also be bought for a raffle of (2) tickets to a Chris Janson Concert at the Orpheum in Sioux City. Tickets for the baskets, lodge stay, and concert can be purchased for $2 per ticket or buy three tickets for $5.
- Chili Cook-Off! Think your chili is the best, then put it to the test. There will be a chili cook-off from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Prizes will be awarded for various categories. Please contact Karen Schleiger @ 970-481-9097 to sign up or get more details.
- The YHS Pep Band will be playing before the Boys Varsity game at 8:00 PM. They did a great job last year and we are happy to have them back, come check them out!
- We will be holding a Silent Auction for the Yankton Hockey Yard Signs. They will be on display, place your bid that day and take it home!
- Mite of the Night! Come check out our Mite of the Night program where Mites skate out with the "big kids" during the High School games.
Please plan to come and enjoy hockey and all of the other activities we have planned on Saturday, December 21st! If you want to help out that day or even leading up to Yankton Hockey Day please contact Shawn Weber @ 605-691-0026. If you are interested in building or donating money/items for the raffle baskets please contact either Karen Schleiger or Shawn Weber.
Hope to see you all on December 21st!